We are your local CEREC dentist for single-visit tooth restorations. Our office is pleased to have the latest CEREC technology for same day crowns. We always stay on the cutting-edge for our valued patients!
What is CEREC?
CEREC is a technology for restoring damaged teeth, and this restoration can be completed in a single visit to our Richboro office. It makes your teeth stronger and more beautiful — all while keeping your teeth looking natural. The restoration is metal-free and the high-grade ceramic material is compatible with the natural tissue found in your mouth.
The CEREC Process
During your appointment, you and your doctor will discuss the details of the procedure and your doctor will answer any questions you may have regarding the procedure or porcelain crowns in general. Your doctor will then apply a thin layer of reflective powder onto your tooth and will use a special 3D imaging camera to take a photo of your tooth. Using CEREC’s proprietary software, your restoration will be designed according to your tooth’s appropriate form and function. Then, CEREC will use a diamond burs to create your restoration out of a piece of ceramic. Finally, the ceramic restoration is bonded to your tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive dentistry.
Why Choose CEREC?
There are many advantages of CEREC over traditional crown technology.
- Time: CEREC crowns are made in one visit, saving you considerable time away from your job and family.
- Comfort: With CEREC, there is no need for a temporary crown, which eliminates significant potential discomfort and inconvenience of a lost temporary restoration. Only one visit means only one injection, or no injections if the tooth was previously treated with a root canal. No conventional impressions means no gagging.
- Aesthetics: The strong, tooth-colored ceramic materials of CEREC restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty, and function and closely match the composition of natural tooth structure.
- Strength: Milled ceramic is stronger than the traditional method of layering and pressing, so your smile will stay beautiful for years!
- Fillings: CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings. Since they are made out of porcelain, they are more durable than white composite fillings. They are much more aesthetic than mercury-containing silver fillings and stronger because of bonding technology.
If you have any more questions about CEREC or porcelain crowns, please feel free to contact our office. We will answer any questions you have and you can make an appointment to speak with Dr. Shantzer in person at our Richboro office.